Sunday, November 14, 2010

Brand “ME”

I’ve come to learn there’s a difference between my work self and my personal self. Not a big difference, but I am much more forgiving of my faults in my personal life than my professional. One thing is constant though and that’s my “E-Squared” brand. It’s funny because branding is a term used a lot in the professional world, but I think we all lose sight of just how important our personal brand is in life, especially our dating life.

So what is a brand? According to Wikipedia, “A brand is the identity of a specific product, service, or business and can take many forms, including a name, sign, symbol, color combination or slogan. The word brand has continued to evolve to encompass identity - it affects the personality of a product, company or service.”

In the case of your personal brand, YOU are the product and how you position yourself can really make a difference in how you are perceived by others, and yes, even potential suitors! How define your brand? I recently had to do this for work, and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself and what I have to offer – whether it be to my job or a mate. To begin, you have to build your own brand platform…

Brand Attributes: Identify four or five attributes that describe you as a person.
Empathetic, Positive, Trusted, Motivating, Nurturing

Brand Persona: If your brand were a person—or type of person—who would it be?
I am the brand that continues to think strategically and identify new solutions to solve problems. I am confident, energetic, innovative, engaging, clever, creative and committed to succeeding as an individual and a team.

Value Proposition: A statement that positions your value to a range of audiences.
With an abundance of successes and lessons learned from personal and professional experiences, E-Squared strives to live each day to its fullest. With a focus on motivating others and being a trusted partner at work and at home, my goal is to seize every opportunity and learn from it, all while having fun and sharing the experience with others. My priorities are my family, friends and making the most of my life.

Vision: You vision has to present consistency and should convey what you do and how you accomplish this.
The people we surround ourselves with, in our personal and professional lives, are what makes us whole, and without a strong, positive relationship with those people, we can’t be successful. As a trusted partner, I am committed to fostering a positive, fun, and inclusive environment for everyone to enjoy.

Essence: Brand Essence is the heart and soul of a brand – a brand’s fundamental nature or quality.
Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no-one's watching.
Sing like no-one's listening.
Live like there's no tomorrow.

Once you define your personal brand, you’ll be amazed how much it changes your approach to dating. Much like in business where you try to partner with products or services that align with your brand, you’ll soon start seeking a partner that aligns with your personal brand, and then, it's can have the makings of a beautiful joint venture.. Give it a shot, and if it doesn’t work, well, there’s always the chance for a hostile takeover :)

No comments:

Post a Comment