Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Are there really plenty of fish in the sea?

So last weekend I started a social dating experiment and found myself signing up for PlentyOfFish (POF). After spending time with two women I completely admire and respect, and hearing their stories of finding wonderful men in the POF pond, I figured it was worth a shot. And regardless of if I actually do meet someone, it’s definitely serving the purpose of providing plenty of entertainment!

Within two hours of signing up and completing the list of questions (so much shorter and easier than eHarmony by the way), I had five emails from guys wanting to take me out over the weekend. Now let me just say, none of them were really guys I was interested in going out with (think Jersey Shore but the Sacramento version), but they were bold and entertaining nonetheless.

What is amazing about POF is the abundance of guys on the site, and the option for them to be honest if they’re looking for a relationship, looking for a buddy to hang out with (see previous “buddy zone” post), looking for a casual hook-up, or just looking to meet new people in the area. It’s amazing just how honest people are. And my favorite question (that requires and answer), “Do you have a car?” Hilarious!

If you find yourself in a dating rut, or you just want to be entertained for a bit, check out POF (plentyoffish.com). If you don’t like it, hey, it’s free so you’re not out anything. And you never know, your Mr. Right could be out there waiting for you. In the meantime, I’m sure I’ll have more fishing stories for you very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment