Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No really, it’s not you, it’s me

I’m one of those people that read my horoscope daily, but I really only pay attention when I like what it says. Yesterday, however, was an exception:

"You like the idea of being close to someone, but you prefer to remain lighthearted today. Unfortunately, several planets in your 8th House of Deep Sharing create a conflict between your desire for intimacy and your fear of vulnerability. You will not be satisfied now by keeping things on a superficial level. Don't try to rationalize your actions; instead, give yourself permission to follow your heart rather than your head."

What? You mean I could be the one to blame for past relationships not working because I am afraid to let myself be vulnerable, even though I want the intimacy? And you’re saying I try to rationalize my actions? Well, that horoscope pretty much hit the nail on the head and really got me thinking….that cliché line about “it’s not you, it’s me” could really be true. Well, at least in some situations (Krewtons not included – he sabotaged that one on his own).

So what does that mean for me and Pele, my friend of the last several weeks? If I let myself be vulnerable, what will happen? What am I so afraid of anyway? Things have been great and no actions to signal otherwise. What’s that other cliché I hear all the time, “love like you’ve never been hurt?” Ok, so maybe it’s not love with Pele, but it’s definitely LIKE, so taking the chance might just be worth it. We’ll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment